What Lies Underground
Point & Tap Puzzle Adventure
22 October 2018
Android and iOS
Google Play (Android):
App Store (iOS):
Download Press Kit:
About the game
ATTENTION PUZZLE GAMERS! What Lies Underground is a point and tap puzzle adventure for Android and iOS. Waking far from home in an unknown place, POINT, TAP, PUZZLE and EXPLORE to access something DEEPER within.
Can you discover the SECRET underground entrance?
Driven under cover of darkness, the player awakes at a mystery location. They exit the limo with a cryptic note from the redhead driver. A hidden group has set puzzles, designed not to arouse suspicion. The player must explore their surroundings, use objects and solve puzzles to uncover the secret underground entrance.
The first part of an ongoing adventure. What Lies Underground is a puzzle game created entirely by a single person with a passion to make a colourful and near realistic world.
The creator, Stuart Bowes, spent a great deal of time researching facts and details, from making 3D models made to scale, to information on rigging of ships and nesting birds.
What Lies Underground is notable for the attention to detail; colourful graphics made in a near realistic style, sound effects recorded for the game and haunting immersive music composed with a mixture of digital and live instruments. It blends elements of classic point and click adventures with modern escape room games.
Every effort went to capture real sounds that mirror actions on screen. Birdsong was recorded in a wooded area in rural Worcestershire, which you hear in the outdoor scenes.
What Lies Underground places the camera in a static first person perspective, immersing the player as they explore the house and grounds of the game world.
About the developer
Stuart has a BSc in Physics; this helped with creation of materials and lighting for the 3D graphics and designing a realistic world. He programmed the code, recorded and edited the sound effects, composed the music and played some of the instruments. He also created the website.
- Beautiful Graphics
- Engaging puzzles and gameplay.
- Lots of items to collect, watch out for the odd red herring!
- 700+ text comments in English giving you feedback and humour.
- Inventory Screen to inspect and select objects.
- Zoom Screen to look at clues & books.
- 16 achievements (with a hidden achievement to find in a future play through).
- Original immersive soundtrack.
- Explore and experiment, certain puzzles can be completed in any order.
- Progress auto-saving, jump right back to where you left off.
- Hints available at www.WhatLiesUnderground.com/hints to keep you going.